Why Integrated School is your ONLY option?
Board Examination Versus Competitive Examination
Though the curriculum for Board exams and Competitive exams are mostly similar, they are different in many ways. They mainly differ in the type of questions asked and the application of concepts in the problems. The questions in Board exam are purely from Board books and straight forward. They just check the basic knowledge of the students in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology. The question papers are made keeping the standard of an average student in mind. The numerical section in such papers is about 25-35% only. However, the problems in Competitive examinations are more analysis-oriented type (70-80%) and less straight forward type (20%-30%). So, most of the problems are based on concepts given in books but still the problems will be new or an extension of the concepts taught. Such problems are given to identify bright students from the aspiring examinees in JEE etc. PHSPS ensures that their students sucessfully crack the Competitive examination through the following steps:
- Course curriculum developed after rigorous research and planning
- Classroom guidance conducted by nationally reputed Specialist Teachers.
- Conducting numerical and short-cut answering techniques regularly.
- Mock tests, Daily Practice papers, Class Quiz and On-line Test.
- Performance appraisal to understand student’s shortcomings and taking corrective actions.
The Integrated Study programme of PHSPS has been set up precisely to take care the above requirement with the school support.
The Academic Board of PHSPS comprising of Specialist Teachers of Board as well as Competitive exams, have devised a unique teaching methodology for the students. The program focus on board studies as well as JEE / AIPMT / AlIMS preparation and the entire syllabus taught by different set of teachers, specialist in Board as well as Competitive exams. The students will be prepared to achieve success in Board exams, JEE MAIN & ADVANCED / AIPMT / AIIMS, other Engineering and Medical entrance examination. This program focuses on:
- Integrated Curriculum: The Integrated School programme prepares students for H.S. Board as well as JEE / Medical and other related competitive exams. It also guides students for KVPY and Olympiads. The complete programme is developed and designed by the Academic Board consisting of highly reputed teachers.
- Interdisciplinary Syllabus: The syllabus has been developed combining the H.S. and NCERT syllabus. The dual syllabus, taught concurrently, ensures that the students learn basic concepts and fundamentals for Board exams and advanced concepts for complex problem solving for competitive exams. We are aiming at teaching concepts and their applications to students of various classes in an integrated approach which ensures 100% learning process. To make teaching more meaningful, various tools of effective teaching are used. These include visual based modules, video modules, interactive sessions, etc.
- Faculty: All classes (Both Board and Competitive) will be conducted by nationally reputed faculty members with more than 15 years experience in JEE / Medical Entrance, H.S. Board and unmatched expertise in guiding and development of effective course material. The Board classes are conducted by Board Specialists while the Competitive classes are conducted by reputed Teachers with extensive experience in that domain. The team also has engaged in preparing challenging question papers for various competitive examinations at National level.
- Internal Assessment: Periodic Class Tests, Quiz, Daily Practice Paper and Home Assignments are given for regular assessment of students.
- Test Structure: Unit Tests and Mock Tests are held round the year for Board as well as Competitive exams. Online tests are offered to give students ample scope of home practice and self-assessment.
- Scientific Study Material: A well-researched, effective and scientific study material is designed by our expert faculty. Our study package is a pattern proof course-ware that ensures all the requirements of students are met for their success at school as well as in competitive examination. Our study material contains:
- Lucidly explained Concepts
- Daily practice problems / questions
- Solved examples
- Individual Doubt Clearing: Doubt clearing facility is being provided for students six days in a week during School hours and also in the Hostel. In Doubt Clearing classes, students can clear their doubts and take subject-related guidance. In addition, they get to know the correct answering techniques from teachers on a one-on-one basis.
Motivational WorkshopsWorkshops are conducted at regular intervals to help students develop self-esteem and Confidence, learn stress Management and Time management with special emphasis on motivation. Special Workshops by Faculty Members and Professionals are held on
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Focus on JEE-MAIN & Advanced, AIPMT / WBJEE
- Managing Stress in Class XII
- Maximizing Performance in JEE ADVANCED & AIPMT / WBJEE
Assessment MethodologyPerformance Appraisal
Regular Exercises are conducted for performance evaluation and appraisal that leads to subsequent corrective actions. The different types of Exercises are as follows:
Different types of Exercises (JEE Main / Advanced) and WBJEE
- Exercise – I :Single option correct type questions for JEE MAIN / WBJEE
- Exercise – II :Previous year’s objective questions (single correct answer type)
- Exercise – III :All the types of problems for JEE ADVANCED
- Exercise – IV :Previous years objective questions (all types except single answer type)
- Exercise – V :Subjective type questions for Olympiads and KVPY
- Exercise – VI :Previous years lIT Subjective questions for Olympiads and KVPY
- Different types of Exercises (AIPMT / WBJEE)
- Exercise – I :Single option correct type questions for AIPMT / WBJEE
- Exercise – II :Question from various Medical Entrances
- Exercise – III :Assertion – Reason type questions for AIPMT / WBJEE
- Exercise – IV :NCERT based diagram practice questions
- For XI & XlI classes, separate booklets of board pattern questions shall be given for each topic in every subject.
Progress Test: It is a progressive test conducted on JEE- MAIN/ JEE-Advanced / AIPMT / WBJEE pattern. Each test will include the course completed till that stage. Tests will be conducted alternatively after every second or third weeks. Similarly, AIPMT & WBJEE pattern test shall be conducted for Medical aspirants.
Board Pattern Test: The new JEE Pattern involves 40% weightage of the Board Marks and 60% weightage of JEE-MAIN Score. So, to emphasize upon board curriculum and ensuring good performance in board, we will conduct board pattern tests periodically. Similarly, board pattern test shall be conducted for Medical aspirants to enhance their performance in Boards. Test Series: This includes Part tests and Full tests on JEE-MAIN and JEE Advanced / AIPMT / WBJEE pattern. In each test, students will be administered a objective type test paper.
Add on Tests: It is always batter to have students tested from a teacher who has not taught them. Therefore, we provide students to take the test of other institutes so that they can determine their preparation level.
Phase and Reshuffling Tests: After approximately every three months of classroom training, a phase test will be taken based on decided syllabus. Phase tests will be conducted on JEE- MAIN, JEE-Advanced / AIPMT / WBJEE. Reshuffling of batches will be done on the basis of performance in progress tests and the phase testes).
Note: Reshuffling shall be done only if more than one or two batches are therefore a single class.
Academic Performance Analysis (APA)
The results of each test shall be announced in a week’s time. The result of test shall be sent to you through SMS. A report on each test with detailed analysis shall be sent through E-Mail to each student/parent. The detailed analysis contains correct attempts, incorrect attempts, un-attempted questions, negative marks obtained, total marks obtained etc. The academic performance is analyzed and studied at the micro level (that is subject-wise, topic-wise, question-wise etc.) to get the best output.